Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Zion-I- So Tall music video..somewhere in there

Zion-I fucking rule. It's true, you may have heard that Murs rules the world as stated here, but that is a false statement. Though Murs is a top notch M.C. maybe even in my top 5, Zion rule harder. I have no idea what I am talking about. They are both great and if you haven't heard their stuff check them out. I recommend Murs 3:16 with him and 9th wonder. It's a classic, good stuff, give it a listen and decide for yourself. I loved "Bad Man" off of that album till I played the shit out of it and now I am little burnt out on it. But to freash ears it will sound like the primordial love making of two wildebeasts beneath a waterfall. Actually I don't know what that sounds like. Maybe you should just listen to it. The whole album is good, buy it, download it, call me and I'll burn you a copy, just get it. Ok it would actually be better if you bought it. Support the man, he is a good dude, maybe, I don't really know him but from what I hear and the persona that he employs behind the mic he seems chill. If you don't support real hip hop and keep spending money on these janky ass records that they play on the radio and on mtv then we all lose. The true talent quits, they say, "What the fuck am I doing, I am giving you real music here, these lyrics have content, There is intelligence in these words, you motherfuckers just keep jiggling your asses and listening to stories of ex-convicts and how they murder people and sell drugs." Which I dunno if that's yourthing go for it I don't really care, I have no right to tell you what to listen to, put I can make these recommendations. The first one is Murs 3:16, give it a try, it's not that intelligent, it has a little bit of everything. Trust me you like. Wasn't i talking about Zion-I? Oh here is Murs' Myspace, everyone's doing it cmon didn't you know?? of course you did you saucy bastards, I dunno what that was all about. http://www.myspace.com/murs

Yeah ok so Zion-I is really good. That's the thought that started off this rant, this swirling vortex of incomphrehension and manic madness, as I sit alone confined in my ivory tower of indecipherability. See almost lost it again. Yeah, so this is recommendation two. Try buying true and livin, it's the last album they put out. It's hot, not like Paris Hilton when she says hot, but more like Mugatu when he says Hansel is hot. "That Zion-I, they're so hot right now." Something like that, have little symphonic sample of their delicacies at their myspace http://www.myspace.com/zioni So the whole reason for this tripped out entry is I was looking at my myspace and I noticed that Zion-I had deleted the song I had playing on my page. So then I went to their myspace to get another song and I saw their video for "So Tall" and I was like goddamn these guys fucking rule. I love them, not like I love naked polo or Saurkraut tacos with yoohoo, but more than that, like I dunno, I just love them. They give me aural pleasure. This post just turned really homoerotic and I apologize, in case you are a homophobic I did not mean to offend your delicate virtues. I did not mean to impede upon your horribly ignorant and unneccessary views. Now it's political, and we don't need to get into this. I'll just give you a link to the video, I wish I was cool and I knew how to do that thing where people play it from their site like you just click it and it plays on the page, but alas I am not cool, so all I can offer is this archaic link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJK_EE9vBoI&eurl= I do know how to do this though, here is what they look like, not that, that matters but I dunno...

So the video is for "So Tall" it is not the best song on the album but it is still a great song. It has this chorus that is kind of embarrassing for me, because it says, "When your young and black and proud like me, stand so tall for all to see." Something like that, well I am not young and black and proud, but I just really like the song so sometimes I sing along, but I am like man you really aren't talking to me on this one. But then I think well I support you though, I think people should be young and black and proud, that's a good message, much better than the shit on the radio. Much more intelligent, very usefull even. A side note I also was the same way about "Royalty" by Gangstarr, loved the song, totally not meant for me. It's cool though, anyways, the song is brilliant, clever wordplay to a nice kind of throwback beat, uplifting, empowering, just good stuff. Give it a listen. Support intelligence, put the gun down and back away from the mic. Tuck that chain in and sell all but 2 or 3 of your cars, just be a little more practical.

Here is an example of the complete opposite of Zion-I and quality music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22dPHP4MOBM&eurl=
It's Jim Jones and the stay fly remix or something. Just listen to the lyrics, watch the video. They seriously, count money, shower in money, fling money, they fucking kick money for fucks sake. Are you guys serious?? Every verse is the same, chain, car, money, shoot someone, diamonds, I moved a key, I am hard, blah, blah, blah. It's sad, it's bad, it's what you people wanna hear. What can you do, carry on I guess. Just try those things I put above, just give them a little chance to maybe change your mind. It's up to you.

No comments: