Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sam Flores show pics

These are from the Sam Flores show at White walls in SF, go see them in person link to the gallery here http://www.whitewallssf.com/ So, I wento the show this weekend and it was a really great show. Sam Flores is probably my favorite artist so I could be biased but, his stuff is just amazing.



This is a pic of a gigantic Fatima, his toy that he released last year, it had a fish pond under the dress and the orbs were filled with Betas or Chinese fighting fish, crazy stuff.



I think this one was called the Misery twins but I am not sure. From Sam's blog the story is; the misery twins are in the tree dropping posion or evil petals into the water trying to get the girl in the water. The tiger is her protector and guides her through safely.



This was on the wall of the gallery, amazing detail, hotness...



A couple of Sam's pieces had this gold leaf thing going on and at first I thought it would be too gaudy (based on the preview pics) but up close this stuff is amazing. Really goes with his asian influence and has that Japanese screen fel to it.


This was my favorite piece, if only I had $6,500. There was a ton of detail on this one. There is a whole city by that dog on her dress, you have to see it in person it's incredible. This girl also looks a lot more pretty to me than some of Sam's other girls. A lot of them are kinda freakish and deformed but this one looks right on and the whole piece is just so beautiful.



See this girl doesn't look as good to me, but that's just me...


Another favorite, only $7,500 haha I wish i could afford this stuff. If I owned this I would just stare at it all day and drool.



I didn't think I would like this one from the preview, but goddamn this piece was dope. This was one of the most expensive too, like $8,000 something.

Another shot of my favorite, you can really see the gold in this one.



Kinda scary but the background is the shizz


This was called "Ok maybe just one more" The woman is apparently taking a little snort of snuff or coke, not really sure which. But I was more into the background and the blue of the water. That blue was so deep, it was mesmerizing. I just wanted to jump in. I would have loved this if it didn't have the coke snorting chicks in the foreground.


This piece was called "Too much Sake" So yeah that's a chick hurling over the side of the bridge. It's nice but not one of the best pieces. There were a bunch of smaller paintings for $500 that you can see on the gallery site and there was a wall of sketches that I didn't grab a pic of. I bought one of the sketches for $250, I like it but man I wish his canvas stuff was still afordable. It was an awesome show though and if you are in the bay I recommend you stop by. Oh and another thing, if you do manage to stop by head upstairs and check that stuff out. Remember that Sylvia Ji print I wanted? It was called Autumn, it's posted a little back in the art post thingy, well anyways I went upstairs and they have the freaking original. It was crazy, I never thought I would see that thing in person and there it was. Good thing it was sold, or I would have spent $2,200. They also have Damon Soule pieces, some ike Giant, and another Sylvia Ji. I highly recommend a stop by to check out the gallery.

Better pics here http://www.fecalface.com/SF/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=429&Itemid=90

No comments: