Monday, December 11, 2006

The Start of Nothing deux

The trees stood like sentinels guarding us and guiding us down the highway. The blue sky spread it's arms above us, the white clouds dotting the canvas of the sky. The music going in rhythm to the dips and turns of the road, I thought of you. When we stood on the cliff, the mist from the sea frosting our faces I thought of you. Staring out into the endless waters, the sky fading from purple to black, I thought of you. When I watched the stalks of green swaying under the influence of the sea breeze, I thought of you. When the waitress dropped our food, the soup splattering the floor I thought of you. The nights at the bars, the conversations with the homeless, the trips to the market, I thought of you. You were always with me, sharing in these moments. A smile in the corner of my mouth as I wished you were there. Little moments meaning so much more when you are with me. When the conversation in the car fizzled out and we turned to our thoughts you were there. Watching the trees rush by, the moon hung high, you were there. When the trip might be extended, I feared it would keep from you for even longer. I wanted to come back as soon as possible, to see you, to be with you. Like a moth drawn to the fire I was ushered back home to you.


Man my creativity is so weak right now, I can't even write anything, this is why I could never be a writer, I aint got shit to say

No comments: