Saturday, December 9, 2006

The league of lemur assasains

"You're not one of those people that will be talking normally and then all of a sudden pronounce a word from another language correctly are you?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean like, alright say you were talking about France, like oh so I heard today that in France the gypsies took over, but instead of saying France you would say frahns or Paree over Paris, do you do that?"
"Uhhh well I do do that with Spanish words, well some spanish words, and Japanese words, I guess it just all depends on how well I know the language, sooo, what do you do besides promote the butchering of other people's languages?"
"Do you think that's what that is, butchering?"
"Kinda"
"Ok maybe it is kinda, I dunno, I just think it sounds arrogant, like when people say vahs instead of vase, so ritzy, it makes me uncomfortable, I grew up with the common folk, rich people scare me."
"Well you don't look like you are doing that badly."
"No I wouldn't say I am doing too badly, but I can't dress as nicely as i would like, because you see I am funding a team of super assasian monkeys, well i am still in the planning stages, I haven't decided if it should be monkeys or ring tailed lemurs, because you know lemurs might be able to manuveer quicker, and the outfits would kinda match their tails better."
"ummmm what? Super lemur assasains?"
"Yeah well we aren't solid on the lemurs idea, I just said that, nothing is set in stone here, well except for the outfits I already ordered those..."
"Hahaha What the hell are you talking about?"
"I am talking about a highly trained group of lemurs in little outfits, that can assasinate anyone with their ninja skills and stealth."
"So you already have the outfits huh? Who is the target of this assasination?"
"well the outfits are velour, baby blue, velour and they wear little headbands, but the target i haven't figured out yet, for right now I just have them folding my laundry and at night we play pictionary."
"haha wait you already have the lemurs? i thought you hadn't decided between monkeys and lemurs?"
"Ooh well yeah I mean I am kinda just trying out the lemurs right now, you know, seeing how they handle the nunchukus and their aim with the ninja stars, it's a big process, starting an assasain group, I am surprised you didn't know that."
"I see yeah I guess I should have figured, you can't just grab some lemurs off the streets and expect them to go to war for you."
"Damn straight, you get it, haha alright enough of that bullshit, what do you do?"
"Well nothing quite as enetertaining as you"
"Well I do set quite a standard of excitement to live up to, don't feel bad"
"I'll try not to take it that hard, but uh yeah I work for a bank."
"I see, a bank huh, how do you like that?"
"Well it's a job, not my dream job, but a steady one."
"Yeah that's good though, I gave up on trying to get my dream job, it's so hard to break into the interpretive dance scene."
"Really, that was your dream job huh? interpretive dancing."
"Oh hell yeah, I had a whole 34 act play, with all my own choreography and sets, I had everything nobody would give me a shot though."
"What did these 34 acts consist of?"
"Well I would say a good 15-20 scenes involved me writhing on the floor shouting expletives while my feet were being tickled by masked midgets in flowery dresses. It symbolized the struggle of water returning to the ocean"
"Oh my god, what is wrong with you, can you just make up all of this crap on the spot or have you really thought about these things?"
"Haha tha's exactly what the theatre manager said, he only let me get to act 2 though, I told him the ball really starts rolling in acts 20-22, that's when we have the pyrotechnics and the singing pirates."
"Ok I think I still know nothing about you."
"Yeah sorry, thats just how I work, I am like an onion, so many layers to peel through, a lot of effort to get to that smelly, eye stinging center."
"Okay, and how many people actually want to get to your eye stinging stinky center?"
"Well not that many, haha, that's why I am here right?"
"Yeah well it's rough out there, but hey, talking to you is not boring, that's more than I can say about most of the other people here."
"Yeah I feel like everyone else is too serious, too desperate, I just came here to...well I don't know what i am doing here."
"Yeah my girlfriends signed me up, I wasn't sure if I was going to come but then I figured what the hell, a couple drinks some conversation, I could use a little more of both."
"Yeah so do you think these things actually work?"
"I don't know I imagine most of the people are a little weird, maybe a little damaged, i mean it isn't the normal way to go about things, you know?"
"Yeah the people here are weird huh? haha, so if I am the weird one are you the damaged one?"
"Wow that's the way to get her, infer that she is damaged, smooth."
"I was just kidding."
"Yeah me too, trust me if I am still sitting here after the assasination Lemur plan, then i can take a joke."
"Haha ok good, glad to see we are around the same page, people are too serious, let's not be serious."
"Well i think we should be a little serious, I mean i still have no real grasp of who you are, all I know is that you can make up really weird stories and you think you are the stinky core of an onion."
"And that's not good enough? That's more than I let most people know about me, i might have to sic my lemurs on you, because you know too much."
"Haha yeah bring em on, they aren't even fully trained yet."
"Oh it's already been broughten, haha just kidding, yeah they aren't ready for an assignment, but you watch yourself, when they are ready, you will be getting a visit."
Haha I'll be waiting."
"Yeah be afraid, haha anyways, where are you from?"
"Uh I moved here about three years ago, you know out of college looking for some city living."
"Yeah where did you move from?"
"I was born in Buckley, and then I went to school at Hawkings, and then I moved here after i graduated."
"Wow Hawkins huh, I don't really know Buckley though, what's that like?"
"Hmmm Buckley is like a box"
"A box?"
"Yeah a box, people just get trapped in it, they can't get out, and they just stay there, same thing everyday, you know like living in a box."
"I see, so then how do you like the city?"
"Well....it's different, i mean back in Buckley it just feels a little warmer, people seem nicer maybe? I don't know it's hard to explain, it's just that the city makes me feel a little alone."
"I could see that, so many people, so little actual contact, it must be a little colder than Buckley in that sense huh?"
"Yeah I think that is the biggest thing it's just back home I had a support group a close group of friends that i would see everyday, and here I just work and work and I barely have any energy to go out, and I don't even know where I would go out, and my friends have such hectic schedules, it's just hard for us to all get together anymore."
"That's why I pay homeless people to roll with me to the clubs, it's my homemade posse of vagrants, that's a good thing about the city, a homeless posse is never far out of reach."
"Reaaly you know what? I think i might have seen you and your crew out last week, pink boas and glitter right?"
"Ohhhh you must have seen us, gerald, that's like my number one bum posse guy, he chose the outfits, he just kept yelling glitter more glitter!! who was I to refuse him, plus we looked damn good didn't we?"
"Hahaaha yeah stunningly sparkly."
"that's what we were going for."
"So where are you from?"
"Well offically norway but i lived most of my life as a secret agent in Brussels, I was fighting the sprout wars over there, top secret stuff."
"The sprout wars huh? That might be a little too corny haha."
"Not buying it huh? Nah for real for real, I grew up in Porter's Mill, then I moved out to Garland to go to school at Hopper U and then I moved here about a year ago, kinda on the same timeline as you."
"Yeah it's close, what did u study at Hopper's?"
"Well I would say my major was peote and fingerpainting, but I think my Diploma says Comparative literature."
"Wow I had no idea they offered courses like Peote, must have been a very liberal school."
"Yeah it was, I remember in my third year they finally made it a requirement to wear pants to class."
"Interesting, so before that it was just pantless mayhem huh?"
"You have no idea, pantless hippies, frolicking around the lecture halls, it is really really hard to study fingerpainting with hippies prancing around."
"I can imagine, so your real major was comp. lit. huh? Has that come in usefull?"
"Yeah it's about as usefull as a piece of paper, 4 years and that's what I have, a piece of paper, are you using your degree?"
"No...well I mean it got me higher pay but anyone can work at a bank, well not anyone but you know it's not like i got my position because me major was exercise science haha."
"Was that your major? excercise science?"
"Well one of my majors, it was that and psychology."
"Oh jesus you didn't tell me you were a shrink, I liked it better when you were just a jazzerciser."
"Hey excercise science is a real major, we don't just jazzercise there are lots of.."
"Wait...so do you have a psychological profile of me?"
"Just from talking to you for this short period of time?"
"Yeah"
"Well I mean I can tell a little about you, but not that much you haven't given me that much of substance."
"But you're still sitting here."
"Yes, yeah I am, well I can just see that you are an interesting person, maybe a little afraid of making real connections with people, you might be using your humor as a defensive tool."
"Yeah I can do that but I don't know, I mean I wouldn't be sitting here if I didn't want to make connections right?"
"Well yeah but you could be afraid to not make a connection, thats how the weird stories and the lies come in, a little distance from the real you right?"
"ehhhh I dunno, I just think it's just me, I just goof around."
"That could be it too, i mean don't think that i am a psychologist or anything, shit...I work at a bank."
"And I am a failed interprative dancer, and we are just enjoying each other's company."
"Right...
Ding...."that's time everybody switch"
"well....It was nice to meet you, I guess the next victim is coming."
"Yeah actually i was just thinking....you want to just get out of here?"


a practice in conversation, I have just been starting to write stuff and then not knowing if i even want to finish it, some of it has been pretty crappy, I might add more to this though I dunno

No comments: