Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nerdy Mcnerdster

I am a nerd who collects nerdy things. But seriously look at the art and the amazing stuff these people can do. This one is by RC44. This is one of my all time favorite pieces, it just looks so clean and bright.



Is it nerdy or cool? Ehh whatever it's visually pleasing and that's good enough for me. I think it's awesome but my girlfriend thinks it's dumb and a waste of money. You can see this guy's site here http://www.reactor88.com
Hit him up he is a cool guy. If you like his stuff he can make something for you at a reasonable price.

Here is another artist that I really like, I posted a canvas piece I bought from him a little bit ago but he does an awesome job customizing these figures as well. His name is Dear Earthling and he is from Seattle. Check out his site here http://www.dearearthling.moonfruit.com and a sample of his work is posted below.

I love the colors he uses, the monotone/grey scale work really speaks to me. It speaks to me and says spend crazy amounts of money on useless pieces of plastic. For real though his color palate just looks so classic and clean.

Amazing, Amazing stuff. Or at least I think so....just check the detail

This guy is cool as fuck too, he hooked me up with a tight ass comission for a good price, hit him up if you like his stuff.

This is the same type of figure that RC44's is. Oh and if you have no clue what these are or what exactly is going on here then good. That means you are not a nerd. But let me explain what these are. Below is a picture of what the figure used to look like.


So you buy one of these and then if you have skill you can turn it into one of the sick pieces above. The other pieces by Dear Earthling are former figures that he stripped down and re-did. He customized them, usuing their shape as his canvas. It's really nerdy stuff, but oh well. Did you know that people customize my little ponies? I don't own any I was just saying that so I feel like less of nerd, these are obviously cooler than My Little Ponies right? Maybe......


This one is by Dok A, he is a well respected artist in this genre. His stuff has lots of range too, he gets pretty inventive and his technique is always flawless. Really professional looking.


This one is by Motorbot, he likes wood. Alright I think that's enough, I don't even really like these things as a platform anyways. I do like these customs though. If you are interested head over to Kidrobot.com. That's enough nerd shit for today.

New Day, new nerd Shit


These are by a guy named Seph. Don't contact him though. I was supposed to get a piece from him but he up and dissappeared on me. After I paid too, weaaaaak. His work is still so nice to look at I just had to post it. Makes me sad though, I should have had one, mine was going to blue flames...


Simple and clean.

Raphael was always my favorite.


By Phuek, this just shows the different ways that these things can be transformed, awesome work.

No comments: