Monday, December 11, 2006

Wait I Don't Get it?? U laughing, I No Understand.

Are we too sensitive?

Check this article here http://www.nypost.com/seven/12092006/gossip/pagesix/rosie_to_asians__loosen_up_pagesix_.htm

(A Rep for O'Donnell said, "She's a comedian in addition to being a talk show co-host. I certainly hope that one day they will be able to grasp her humor.") Stolen from the article

I am kind of more insulted about this statement than the whole incident. What kind of shit is this? Just because we don't laugh at grade school taunts used by ignorant ass bullies and morons we don't get your humor? Oh no we got your humor, we got that shit when we were seven and kids pulled their eyes back and said this bullshit to us. Forgive me for not thinking this shit is hillarious, obviously your comedic stylings are far too superior for my feeble intellect to grasp. The more I think about it the angrier I get. I mean how deep and nuanced is this humor that we can't grasp? Is this some cutting edge comedy that we have fallen behind. Am I like the old fucker sitting in my wheelchair staring blankly at Conan while shaking my head and wishing for the days of Dick Cavott? Is that even how you spell that guy's name? Whatever, I know that I can understand funny, even if i don't laugh I would get the implied humor. That shit wasn't funny. Masturbating bears are funny, making fun of someone's language by mouthing off a bunch of made up words is not that funny. I mean seriously that is truly playground humor, it's the equivalent to sneaking under someone's desk tying their shoelaces together and watching them crumble to the floor in a heaping lump of tears and anger. Ok, actually I think that would be funny. But I digress, back to the point.

Don't say stupid shit that isn't funny and insults people and then insult them more by insinuating that they are too dumb or slow to understand the humor. Or was she pointing to our cultural differences, maybe the joke was lost in translation? Maybe this fat person humor is outta my league. I mean if i walked up to her and said ho, ho, ding dong, dounut, fatass lesbian, boston creme pie, I wonder if she would laugh. Probably because as I would be saying this stuff I would stumble towards her with my arms forward like frakenstein, kinda bellowing out each food item, hooo hooo, arrgghhh, ding doooong!!! kinda rolling my eyes back in my head, tounge sort of hanging out zombie style, and then when I was close enough I would tickle the shit out of her. Literally I wouldn't stop until she shit, and if you think that's gross then you are probably too stupid to understand toilet humor. Ever heard of shits and giggles? Of course you haven't retard, it's only like one of the oldest schools of comedy, practiced in like the 14th century or something. Anyways, after we are all tuckered out and had ourselves a good laugh we would lay down on the sidewalk together and have a cigarette or something, maybe eat a rack of lamb or two. Maybe play with each others hair, discuss other things asian can't grasp, like their small dicks or the ability to navigate a car. Good times, goood clean fun, intelligent humor Rosie, intelligence is the key. These morons out here they don't get us, they aren't sophisticated enough. Fuck it, it's not because we aren't funny it's because they are too fucking dumb to understand our shit. You don't get me buddy, that's all on you.

Now I don't really think Rosie is racist. Gross, yes but I think that she just doesn't understand that that kinda shit is the stuff that makes you different growing up as an Asian American. A lot of Asian kids have been singled out with this type of insult and to all of the people saying lighten up, get some tougher skin, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. This all goes back to the notion of the perpetual foreigner, the "orient vs the occident," the classification of asian americans as other. If you actually care you can look at Edward Said's essay on Orientalism for a discussion of the classifciation of asians as the "others" and how this seperation is something that asian americans have to deal with now. There are historical ties to all racist insults and none of them should be taken lightly, and nobody has the right to tell someone they shouldn't be insulted by something. Personally I don't take this shit that hard, it rolls off now, but by perpetuating this type of thing it just continues a cycle of unecessary seperation and marginalization. I'm all about the kiddies, Trick Loves the Kiiiids!!! I have to admit I laughed when Dave Chapelle said the same thing in the Rick James skit. I even repeated it, so that could just derail my whole rant. I am also a racist bastard who hates everyone so I don't get easily offended. What got me was the response and people's comments about how asians should lighten up and blah blah blah. Just don't tell people what they shouldn't be insulted by. You have no place to say lighten up if you are not the people that were attacked. Just stay out of it, let them cry if they want, it will make them feel better and they obviously feel that way for a reason. It's just the defenders or Rosie that irked me.

Here is an example:

"There is more than Rosie that impersonates Asians like that. It's not making fun it's just something that I've heard people doing for years."

Ok, so making fun of a race for years somehow means that it isn't racist anymore. Is there a staute of limitations on insulting races? Oh chink dates back to 1872, that shieet isn't insulting anymore use it all you want boys that insulting tag wore off years ago.

Here is another one

"calling out whites constantly for being racist because "we don't respect historical context" is such utter bullshit - i'm living in the present baby, and this is what's happening right now."

Yeah obvioulsy this is happening right now too. This was in the news yesterday!!! You obviously don't understand historical context either. This happens a lot, trust me, it probably is happening on some playground right now....uh baby.

We need more people like this guy

"I'm surprised people are actually defending her. What she said may not have been overtly racist, but it was still offensive. I think the worst part is that she isn't even trying to apologize. She doesn't need to make some big statement about it, but she could just take 10 seconds on the View to say she's sorry for offending anyone. If someone had made fun of a gay man by using an effeminate voice, you know Rosie would be the first one to freak out."

totally agree....I think i'm done, what do u guys think?


No comments: