Monday, June 18, 2007

I am NOT the father!!

Why was my meeting at work today like an episode of Maury Povich? There was so much head rolling finger snapping ghetto attitude it was horrible. I just sat there thinking how unprofessional these people were. It was all too dramalicious. Made me think that I don't fit in here. Not because I have gills and webbed feet and would be more suited in an aquatic environment, because I have accepted that. It was more the fact that I don't think work should involve such petty bickering and personal wars that blow up in conference rooms.

Sure there was drama when I worked in the mall. But I worked in a woman's clothing store with teenage girls, and it was a mall. I am actually telling thr truth, I really did work at a women's clothing store in the mall. This is an office, we have computers and phones. It was a unit meeting, it was grown up time, not crying baby, ghetto attitude time. It wasn't a hoodrat puppet show, it was a meeting, with an agenda. This whole place is crazy. I showed up for work the first day in a suit and tie ready to get to work. What did I do instead? Nothing, I sat there for two weeks while they set up my email. I surfed the internet and had no idea what my job entailed. It was months before I realized that my job entailed doing nothing and surfing the internet. What am I doing here? I am the youngest person here, I don't realate to these people, is this where I want to be? It would be nice to have people I could relate to at work. Instead I sit in my bubble of solitude, eaves dropping on discussions about fried chicken and gossip. Avoiding drama and watching the clock tick. I would be much better suited in an aquatic enviornment.

No comments: