Monday, June 18, 2007

Budgie

I need a budget. Or in terms you would understand a budgie. I act like I am the queen of reindeerland with the coin I be dropping naw mean? Probably not but the rambletrain continues on it's intrepid adventure, stopping only briefly to smother itself in wasabi and throw flowers in the air.

So what I was talking about was a monetary budget. I can't keep living the life of a playboy millionaire, buying up all of these exotic game hens and playing $1,000 games of yahtzee with the folks at the retirement home. That is what millionaire playboys do right? I just live to free, I throw caution and exotic game hens to the wind. Live in the moment and don't plan for the future. Suuure I don't own a house, I shower in public areas, such as ponds and gas station bathrooms but that's not the point. The point is I should be saving more money, right now I just walk around like I am Mr. Moneyman, who incidentally looks a lot more like me, now that he shaved his moustache. I see something I like and I yell at anyone within ear shot to "wrap it up." They usually respond by saying sir, please put that lamp down, that is not for sale. "Anything is for sale, Ricardo, annnything" I say leaning closer. "My name is not Ricardo and you will have to leave before I call security." That's usually how that goes.

But in real life, I don't save as much as i should. I don't starve, I pay my bills, I just don't see any increase in my savings. It goes up and it goes down, always leveling out at the same place. I buy things I don't need, eat out too much and sponser several porteguese armadillo farms. That is actually a good investment, but the rest of the stuff is where the damage comes. Other people my age are thinking about houses and cherry red terradactyls that respond to voice commands and hand signals. I dream of material things like paintings and armorplating my body so iIcan run through walls and slide on my stomache and make sparks. Silly things, things that just aren't possible. The things that dreams are made of....

No comments: